The conference discusses key issues related to the future and roles of the Arab governments, to contribute to the development and enhance the competitiveness of the Arab economies in light of the international challenges and the requirements of the time, and consequently achieve the goals of sustainable development.Bottom of Form
- The First Theme: Objectives and goals of sustainable development 2030 – the mechanisms of planning and providing the requirements of development – Arab experiences in process.
- The Second Theme: The role of the Governments in achieving the goals of sustainable development 2030.
Achieving the objectives of sustainable development and obtaining a better competitive position, are linked to improving the government performance in the key domains of the Arab economies compatible with the requirements of globalization and the broad utilization of modern technology, whose priorities can be summed up in the following:
- The human capital and capacity building in the Arab countries.
- Industrial Strategies and fostering industrialization based on export economies.
- Developing financial markets in the Arab countries and global competition.
- Supporting and developing integrated educational and health services.
- The Third Theme: The new public administration – a road map of administrative reform and development of government practices.
The new public administration sheds light on a wide range of reform practices, with the aim of improving government and public administration performance, through enhancing the efficiency of its practices, to achieve the goals of sustainable development 2030, by:
- Restructuring and developing administrative systems consistent with the global trends.
- Enhancing the efficiency of public administration – a map of administrative reform.
- Reinventing government and integrating the applications of governance in their practices.
- Integrating business administration patterns and private sector mechanisms in the government, and public administration practices.
- Launching the e-services and improving the government electronic systems and the smart government applications.